Old April 20th 05, 02:21 AM
bb

K=D8HB wrote:
"cl" wrote in message
o.verio.net...

I hope someone from the military can step in to tell us how
much time they were given to get the code down. I think
they had to "Cram".

Navy RM "A" School, the basic school which trained Navy Radiomen, was

13-weeks
long. Morse practice was 3 hours per day, 4 days per week, but

students could
come in after-hours for additional practice. Graduation requirement

was to be
able to copy 5-letter coded groups at 18WPM for 10 minutes, with 3

uncorrected
errors allowed.

And they had a choice of Morse Code or Farnsworth Code, and could vary
the pitch.

Hi!

What was the wash-out rate? What happened to the wash-outs?