Old April 20th 05, 03:42 AM
Mike Coslo

Dee Flint wrote:

"Mel A. Nomah" wrote in message
link.net...

"Michael Coslo" wrote in message

:
: I've looked at some of the older questions. The only thing about them
: that is difficult is that they tend to pertain to operating with
: equipment and different condition than today.
:

No, the only thing harder was that those were just samples, and you had to
actually understand the underlying material because the question on the
examination would be different.

From your description of "take the online test until I can pass it, then
rush down to the VE session", I expect that you'd be another Len Anderson
under those conditions, on the outside looking in.

M.A.N.
--
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord,
make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it."

The test pools are large enough that it's much easier to learn the material
than memorize all the questions and answers. The Extra class pool is
something like 800 questions even though only 50 appear on the test. I'd
much rather learn the equation and how to use it than try to memorize say 10
different question/answer combinations for the material covered by that
equation.

Exactly.

And as for my testing preparation method, it is effective. THe
questions I got correct, I had no need to go any further with. But the
ones I got wrong were corrected by a trip to the books, or internet
research. By the time I took the real test, I knew the material very
well indeed.

- Mike KB3EIA -