Old April 20th 05, 03:51 AM
Mike Coslo

Dee Flint wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

cl wrote:

which required code. 5 WPM is not impossible to learn. It only takes a
few minutes a day and about 2 weeks at least to get enough to pass a
test.

Took me 45 minutes a day for over 6 months, plus one failed test to get to
5 wpm.

I'm all in favor of Morse code testing, but you guys have to show some
understanding that it isn't that easy for a lot of people.

I aced the writtens, without a whole lot of study by comparison to a lot
of people. I don't go around calling them retards or stupid.

- Mike KB3EIA -

I agree with you Mike. I hate it when I hear someone say "it only took me a
few days" as that raises unrealistic expectations on the part of the
students. It becomes very hard to convince them that they will probably
need more time than that and to keep them motivated to keep working on it.
The average person needs 30 hours of study (1/2 per EVERY day for 60 days)
to get there. Some will take longer such as yourself but at least once they
have put in the 30 hours, they will be able to tell that they are making
progress even if it takes longer for them.

Correct, Dee. Bless those who find it easy, but that isn't what I
needed to hear when I was learning.

But I'm glad I did it, and it was indeed worth it. I feel sorry for
those that have decided to wait for Morse to go away. they still wait......

- Mike KB3EIA -