Old April 19th 05, 08:19 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

I'm very happy with the man the Cardinals chose.

Ratzinger is a man who understands that truth is not
subject to public opinion, and who refuses to do a
thing simply because that thing is in fashion.

We need more men (and women) like him.

73,

Steve

--
Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, Minnesota

Every moment of a human life is an act of worship.

Coincidence is God's way of being anonymous.

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...
I think that choosing a Pope from South or Central America would have
helped the church in more than one way.

First it would signal to the world that the church is not as closed to
something as radical as a non-european pope. Seems kind of strange to
characterize such a change a radical when other religions include
females as a matter of course.

Second, it would have helped the church with membership in Brazil and
other south american countries where membership has been lost to more
open non-catholic religions.