Old April 19th 05, 08:24 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"bpnjensen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Frankly, as a person who does not approve of the stodginess of the
Catholic Church anyway, I am happy to see it do anything to itself that
will alienate people. There are other effective ways to approach God
and Christianity, and they don't necessarily involve living in poverty
while the Vatican hoardes massive funds and begs adherents to keep that
cycle of poverty and pain going by pumping out endless children.

Jean-Paul was a kind man; the new Pope may be likewise - but their
ancient and artificial (and largely hypocritical) ways do not mesh well
with the realities of 2005's wider world. I say, let the Church
collapse on itself.

Bruce Jensen

So, I take it you are one of those people who thinks fashion and opinion
is more important than truth, and that truth should be subjec to the way
you "feel," and the mood you're in at any given moment? Fortunately,
there are men with strength who will, perhaps, die trying to prevent that.

Your kindness and sense of compassion and liberal open-mindedness have
been duly noted.

Benedict XVI had to pause a moment before speaking today because the
homosexuals booed and jeered him, yet I'm sure he'll refuse to bow to them.

I have to wonder: If someone is a Sodomite, and they want a Catholic-like
church, why don't they simply make their own faith, and find their own way?

I'd say that rather than permitting the collapse of the Church, they have
done
much to attempt to destroy it.

73,

Steve

--
Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, Minnesota

Every moment of a human life is an act of worship.

Coincidence is God's way of being anonymous.