Old October 23rd 03, 12:35 AM
Phil Witt

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:23:01 -0500, " hillbilly3302"
wrote:

I have an old Heathkit Cantenna dummy load. how can I tell what its filled
with, Transformer oil (pcb's) or Mineral oil... sounds silly but it just
started leaking and I have oil all over the work bench... I went to a paint
store and got another gallon can and that took care of the leak. hi , but
it was about half empty.

k5drc

The old common PCB oil for dummy loads had strong floral smell, like
rotten roses or something. Once on you it was like you had been
sprayed by a skunk. I've had it all over me and it seems to have done
no harm unless this itching on my third arm is because of it.