Old April 19th 05, 10:37 PM
bpnjensen

Steve wrote:

So, I take it you are one of those people who thinks fashion and

opinion
is more important than truth, and that truth should be subjec to the
way
you "feel," and the mood you're in at any given moment?

Nope - that's not at all what I said, nor what I meant.

Pope and Church have no monopoly on the Truth. They do have a good deal
of artifice, however, much of which does not match Christ's example.
The poor get poorer, the earth gets more overrun with sick humans at
the expense of all other life - that's the truth. That's the legacy,
in part, of the Catholic Church.

Fortunately, there are men with strength who will, perhaps, die

trying to prevent that.

Objection, your Honor - relevance.

Your kindness and sense of compassion and liberal open-mindedness

have
been duly noted.

Thanks. Compassion is in short supply these days. Doesn't take a
liberal to be compasisonate, just a human with a working ticker.

Benedict XVI had to pause a moment before speaking today because the

homosexuals booed and jeered him, yet I'm sure he'll refuse to bow to
them.

That's fine, and warranted.

I have to wonder: If someone is a Sodomite, and they want a

Catholic-like
church, why don't they simply make their own faith, and find their own
way?

I agree. I would not hang around where I was not wanted either.

I'd say that rather than permitting the collapse of the Church, they

have
done much to attempt to destroy it.

I doubt it. There are still about 1 x 10^9 Catholics in this world -
that's hardly a struggling Church.

Bruce Jensen