Old April 20th 05, 10:00 PM

From: "K=D8=88B" on Tues,Apr 19 2005 6:32 pm

"bb" wrote in message
roups.com...

What was the wash-out rate?

I don't have any statistics, but it was fairly small, probably on the

order of
8-10%. Most washouts were for academic reasons. Very few failed

because of the
code.

Riiiiiight. :-)

What happened to the wash-outs?

They were transferred to the fleet, where most of them were

immediately snapped
up by the Chief Radioman as undesignated strikers. Since we were

chronically
short of operators, any training at all was an asset, and a "second

chance" is a
great motivator.

Geez, yeah...times were TOUGH during the Second World War!

Usually these turned out to be above average sailors.

Morsemen ALWAYS excell at anything they do. Just ask one.

73, de Hans, K0HB
Master Chief Radioman, US Navy

Dankie-shoe-in, 73, 88, and 103,

ex-RA16408336, Microwave Radio Relay Operations and Maintenance
(MOS 281.6) SUPERVISOR (E-5), US ARMY.