Old April 21st 05, 01:02 AM
KØHB

wrote in message
ups.com...

I've heard some weird tales about how the Signal Corps
used Draconian methods to quickly pound Morse into
the heads of their WW2 radio ops.Stories about
eight-hours-per-day seven days per weeks drills for 2-4
weeks or some such, nasty punishments for those who
"didn't get it", etc. Have you ever heard any of these tales?

I think the operative word is "tale" (civilian "legend"). I don't go back that
far, but seems to me a draftee kid who drew Signal Corps billet would recognize
a cushy job when he saw it and such "motiviation" wouldn't be needed.

73, de Hans, K0HB