Old April 21st 05, 01:30 AM
KØHB

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

"Actually, what is being discussed is freedom of choice of modes
in a hobby in a free society. There is absolutely nothing prohibiting
someone who wants to take full advantage of CW's many
advantages from becoming skillful in the mode."
--- CAM in RRAP

Extended to all modes? Get rid of those darn satellite mode questions on the
tests! I personally have no use for that!

Good point, and I agree. If we are going to have incredibly difficult satellite
questions on the Extra written exam, like the following verbatim example.....

Q: Which of the following types of communications may space stations transmit?

A. Automatic retransmission of signals from Earth stations and other space
stations
B. One-way communications
C. Telemetry consisting of specially coded messages
D. All of these choices are correct

......then there ought to be similarly incredibly difficult CW questions on the
Extra written exam, like:

Q: Which of the following alphanumeric characters corresponds to the Morse sound
"di-dah"

A. A
B. B
C. C
D. All of these choices are correct

After all, fair is fair, and the CW mode ought to have test questions just like
all other modes. Thanks for pointing that out.

73, de Hans, K0HB