Old April 21st 05, 02:26 AM
bb

Alun L. Palmer wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote in
:

cl wrote:

which required code. 5 WPM is not impossible to learn. It only

takes a
few minutes a day and about 2 weeks at least to get enough to pass

test.

Took me 45 minutes a day for over 6 months, plus one failed

test
to get
to 5 wpm.

I'm all in favor of Morse code testing, but you guys have to

show
some
understanding that it isn't that easy for a lot of people.

I aced the writtens, without a whole lot of study by

comparison to
lot of people. I don't go around calling them retards or stupid.

- Mike KB3EIA -

You have a good point Mike. I have seldom had any problems with

written
exams, but passing a Morse test was hell. Those of us who have had

trouble
learning Morse have taken a lot of abuse in this group.

Dee says otherwise.

You hit the nail on
the head when you said you wouldn't do the same if someone had

trouble with
the theory.

The only person I've given a hard time about the tests was Bruce/WA8ULX.