Old April 21st 05, 03:33 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"running dogg" wrote:

They've already done it. The US economy has packed up shop and moved to
China, where unlimited numbers of people are willing to work for 10
cents a day. NOTHING AT ALL is made in the US nowadays. China controls
most of the USA's debt, and can stop feeding Bush money anytime they
like, which will mean the final implosion of the US and Bush declaring
martial law (see above). The US doesn't even have much agricultural
output these days. We are totally useless.

Oh, I'd nitpick that last paragraph. There are plenty of *small*
manufacturing
plants and shops with a truly huge output. They thrive because they make
smaller production runs, often producing one or two very complex units,
and they're highly profitable. China does not control "most" of the USA's
debt -- BUT -- I think we could be headed for rocky shores because foreign
nations are subsidizing the current real estate boom, and I haven't met many
of my fellow Americans who know this. As to martial law, I don't know
about that, but I suppose *any* President has the power and ability to do
so. As to agricultural output, we are still the breadbasket of the world,
and I can cite statistics, though that's pretty lame.

73,

Steve
--
Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, Minnesota

Every moment of a human life is an act of worship.

Coincidence is God's way of being anonymous.