Old April 22nd 05, 03:23 AM
Chuck Harris

Reggie wrote:
Chuck, thanks for the feedback. I'll study your procedure and try to
put it into action.

The BFO knob only as a - at the left side an d a + on the right side.
There are no numbers to speak of. I tried the BFO all the way on 0,
then zereo beat, then all the way to the plus side.

reg

Hi Reggie,

If you look at the knob marked "Detector Mode", you will see the
following:

FM, SSB +1.5, SSB -1.5, AM, +6, +3, 0, -3, -6

The +1.5 means lower sideband, the -1.5 means upper sideband.

The +6 means the "0" position on the TUNE control is +6KHz.
The +3 means the "0" position on the TUNE control is +3KHz.
The 0 means the "0" position on the TUNE control is +0KHz.

If you put the Function switch in BFO check, and the Detector mode
switch in the "0" position, and the BFO TUNE knob at zero, you should
get a zero beat.

If you are in the "+6" position, you should get a zero beat when the
BFO TUNE knob is at the "-" position.

-Chuck