Old April 22nd 05, 03:16 AM
merkinp

More than a year ago I downloaded a copy of the circuit diagram
from the Timewave website. My interpretation of the diagram is
that the noise antenna goes to Q1 that has a transformer-coupled
output whose phase, relative to the input, can be shifted by varying
R6. From there the phase-shifted 'noise' is applied to Q2 and a
portion of the output, determined by R12, passes to Q3, probably
a buffer stage. In T4 the phase-shifted 'noise' is combined with the
main antenna signal to give the desired output. I hope this explanation
is generally correct and is of some use.

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
How does an ANC-4 work, _as to the phase shift_? Is the one input just

split
and one leg run thru a capacitor and resistor to ground, and you select
some linear combination of the two inputs?

That selection then being added to the reference antenna's.

I'm interested in building an 8-input ANC-4, in effect.
--
Ron Hardin