Old April 22nd 05, 03:14 AM
bb

Dee Flint wrote:
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
Phil Kane wrote:

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:55:51 -0400, Michael Coslo wrote:

If you don't have room for good food then
you don't have room for junk.

Dessert is junk???? Not when K0CKB puts it on the dining table!

Maybe
you need some of her recipes, if your desserts are "junk"!

Refined sugar is indeed junk. No matter how good it tastes.

One of my wife's avocations is specialty dessert and cake

catering
(she's taught that for years and at times has even made money

doing
it commercially).

Her specialty is diabetic-safe products (I'm a diabetic) - low

fat
and no refined (or unrefined) sugar. She duplicates about 95%

of
what one can find on a fancy "sweet table" (marshmellow requires

the
crystalline structure of "real" sugar) and I most certainly do

not
suffer from a lack of "goodies" all year round.

Sounds awfully yummy, Phil. I'm not anti-sweet, just anti-sugar.

Dessert is one of the basic food groups..... ggg

In my family, desserts were not really all that big a thing. Some

sweets
around the holidays, but otherwise we were (are) big meat eaters.

Kinda
like leftover hunter gatherers... 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

I understand the feeling. When I was growing up, we had "meat,

potatoes,
and gravy" as our main staple. For a change, we had "potatoes,

gravy, and
meat!"

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

In the Army chow halls, you're actually allowed to tell them to "hold
the gravy." Otherwise...