Old April 22nd 05, 02:02 AM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
On 22 Apr 2005 00:48:03 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Vinnie S. wrote:
On 22 Apr 2005 00:34:15 GMT, Steveo wrote:

I hope your parakeet doesn't land on it as you key up.

You're getting warmer. I was cutting the grass with my Craftsman lawn
tractor, and I ran over a nest of rabbits. I didn't see them until the
second pass. I killed 1, at least 4 got away. I felt pretty bad about
it. But there is nothing you can do. They are all over, and they nest
just belowe the grass roots, so you can't see them unless you step on
them.

Vinnie S.

Bah. I run them over all the time in my z-cart when we feed acres of
turf at a time commercially. The furry freaks pick the damnedest places
to build a nest..right in the middle of manicured turfgrass. I'm no
bunny expert but my guess is that lawn works for quick food for the
young'ins. I used to feel bad about it 20 some years ago.

And they have perfect camo. Wasn't pretty though. If they just stay in
their nest when I run them over, nothing will happen. The blades won't
reach them.

Looked like mama mia's home made sauce coming out the deck? Where's the
garlic bread!?