Old April 22nd 05, 12:40 AM
mikeFNB

ok clive and hello
now at a guess, i'd plumb for the aerial connector on the inside of the
scanner which has a wire from it's centre pin to the scanner board having
come a drift...that is a common problem amongst scanners.

now it could be 1001 other things
the sensible thing to do here is find an on-line copy of the manual
and try that first.

maybe someone can help

mike

"Clive Turnbull" wrote in message
Just a shot in the dark. My better half has a GRE PSR-239 which she has
messed about with for a few years now without problems. It has now
decided not to locate any stations and scans away without finding
anything. She says she may have pressed something to cause this but no
idea what, or perhaps it has decided to call it a day or maybe the ariel
has failed or perhaps it isn't a good model anyway. A check list would
be handy as we can't even find the manual. The other solution is for us
to call it a day as we are in our sixties and probably too old for this
sort of stuff!! Any suggestions would be helpful, even chuck it away or
recommendation for a new one. Thanks in anticipation Clive Cheshire UK

--
C S Turnbull
Cheshire