Old April 21st 05, 11:49 PM
dxAce

Greg wrote:

From: dxAce
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:37:23 -0400
Subject: (OT) NAZI's, Hitler Youth, The Pope et al.

I knew (know) a lot of people in Germany who were forced into the Hitler Youth
and drafted into the German Army in WWII.

I've personally never had a problem with a single one of them and even though
many of them were captured by US forces during the war, I was welcomed by them
all into their homes.

Some of the best times I've ever had. Personally guided tours to a lot of
different places that I'll probably never see again, but I sure was glad to
meet
them all.

The really unfortunate thing is that all veterans of WWII, and those who lived
through it are rapidly departing this life...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drakeman, were you stationed in Germany or was this as a civilian?

I was there both in the military and later as a civilian. I lived in Munchen for a
while.

dxAce
Michigan
USA