Old October 24th 03, 09:56 PM
MCCRK

Any FCC decision may be appealed to the federal courts. But if you're going to
do it, you'd better have plenty of money. Lawyers are expensive.

Also, I wonder why all the anger. I think it's premature. To my knowledge the
FCC hasn't even decided the BPL matter. So far as I can determine, only one
commissioner has spoken out in favor of it. What about the other four.

As for engineering expertise, every commissioner has an engineering
assistant--or is entitled to one.

There are no requirements to be a member of the FCC. All that's required is a
presidential appointment, and traditionally they've gone to old politicians,
consumer activists, former Capitol Hill aides, broadcasters and others. Many,
indeed, are lawyers, and of those, a lot in the past 30 or so years have been
lawyers with a communications practice who go on to make millions after they
leave the commission and go back into communications law.

W3DEF