Old April 22nd 05, 01:11 AM
Dan

I Worked with a guy who was in Germany in the 30's & was in Hitler
Youth..
" Like the Boy Scouts" was his take on it..
Nice guy, good sense of humor, usually easy going, hard worker..
& then
" That Jew ******* " would jump out when he spoke..
.. & I'd just cringe..
Had a teacher who lost her whole family in the Holocast;
One of the best teachers I had in College
our neighbors fled from Germany to Switzerland & then landed in the
U.S. & learned english & worked hard &
luckily survived & did OK..
&
I had a freind who lost her mother in the holocast..

- So I think the Pope must have learned a horrible lesson in
his youth..
He and I may have different views on a variety of issues
but
They wouldn't have picked him if he wasn't a truly good man..