Old April 22nd 05, 01:06 PM
K4YZ

G1LVN wrote:
You'll be saying we have to give back the internet 44.x.x.x IP

address
range next, OM. We could probably get $billions for a Class A
allocation like that. Yet we don't do we?

I'm not sure if that was meant for me (no attributes), but no Sir,
we certainly don't have to surrender an internet address....We can
create new addresses as the circumstances and technology allow.

The electromagnetic spectrum is a very finite resource, however,
and we'll be hard pressed to defend some of our allocations with as
little use as they are getting.

I can't speak for you fellows on that side of the Atlantic,
however I know that any use of the bands above 2.3Ghz on this side is
very rare. I think we will be lucky to maintain even sharing
arangements in the future, let alone keep exclusive allocations.

73

Steve, K4YZ
Winchester, TN