Old April 22nd 05, 09:14 PM
Rob Collis

Hi Joe,
IMHO it is best to isolate the ground used in the shack from the household
ground. This should reduce noise from any mains supplied appliances. You
could use a third rod for the antenna no problem.
Good luck,
Rob (M0LET)

"Joe" wrote in message
Just moved into my new home and I am in the process of building my shack
in
my basement. I would like to use my house ground rod and run a heavy
copper
wire from it to a ground strip on my table in my shack for my rig and amp.
I would also like to use this ground rod to ground my Butternut H9V
vertical
antenna. Do you folks think it would be OK to do this or should I buy
another ground rod to install it for the shack and vertical? Thanks for
your help.