Old April 23rd 05, 03:56 AM
Gary

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:46:08 -0500, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Gary wrote:
Also I was digging through my insulators and I can't find one that
would offer strain relief for the ladder line and perhaps a connection
on top to use a wire or rope to add support to the center of the
antenna. I wonder if anyone has a source for one.

I use the black UV-resistant tie wraps for strain relief.
Run the tie wrap through one of the ladder-line windows
and then through the hole in the insulator. With stranded
ladder-line, I have had absolutely no problem with this
method.

Thanks Cecil, I had that idea in the back of my head but didn't know
how practical it was. I've got large number of black tie wraps
already. I don't know if they're UV resistant or not but I'll give it
a try.

73 Gary