Old April 23rd 05, 07:33 AM
Brad

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
robert casey wrote:

I used to tin the braid then use a small tubing cutter to trim the
shield to the right length. I used a drill to remove the plating from
the holes and file all the chrome off between the holes. I tinned the
center conductor and put a drop of liquid RMA flux on the center
conductor and the braid before I put the coax into the plug, then
soldered all four holes and the center pin. I didn't melt the
dielectric, and you couldn't pull the coax out of the plug.

That's a hell of a lot of messing about and time consuming too. A crimp on
PL259 for RG58 series or RG213 series cables would take about 2 minutes to
install, no soldering, no chance of heat damage, no shorts and they can be
fitted in the field.

Brad.