Old April 23rd 05, 12:08 PM
Max Power

Dominion over airspace: it is a sovereign right, but not one that is
absolute...

Remember KAL 007!
Is the US verging into USSR style law over its airspace?

It is highly doubtful that 911 will be repeated again, the geopolitical
calculus is different now.
Are there ways [of not using planes] to inflict mass casualties, and create
mass property damage ... yes.
Checkmate.

Yep, the latest antiterror rule from the Bushies will force all airlines
to give passenger lists to Washington for all flights just PASSING OVER
US airspace. That's right, if the flight is NOT going to or from a US
airport, but is merely passing over US airspace, the airline must give a
passenger list to the US govt and it will be checked against the no fly
list.

Sounds like a good idea to me. These nut cases could just as easily
hijack an international flight and crash it in the US.

Every nation, as far as I am aware, has a right to control their airspace.
And,
if that includes not only which airlines fly over it, but who might be on
those
airlines, then so be it.