Old April 23rd 05, 08:11 PM
Michael A. Terrell

Brad wrote:

That's a hell of a lot of messing about and time consuming too. A crimp on
PL259 for RG58 series or RG213 series cables would take about 2 minutes to
install, no soldering, no chance of heat damage, no shorts and they can be
fitted in the field.

I didn't make the cables one at a time. I would make dozens and it
went very fast because I did it like a small assembly line. Not only
that but people paid about $3 per connector I installed than anyone else
in the area wanted. I could make about a dozen cables in an hour, back
when I was in the RF business. I didn't make, or use RG58 cables. Only
RG-8 or 213. I have to find the right connectors for the teflon coax I
have in the shop. I think its two spools of RG-179 and a spool of
RG-400

Who says you can't get a shorted cable with crimp connectors? I've
seen plenty of shorted cables with crimped connectors.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida