Old April 24th 05, 12:33 AM
Russ

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:31:18 GMT, Bob Miller
wrote:

On 23 Apr 2005 07:53:03 -0700, "
wrote:

I agree that you should at the very least take K9STH's advice regarding
lightning with a grain of salt. There is some good advice about
grounding, but there is also some bad advice, and most of his theories
about lightning have been replaced in the last 20 years among the
scientific community.

Is there a good layman's book on grounding amateur gear? Ask 10 hams a
grounding question and you get 11 answers :-)

bob
k5qwg

Also, the way I see it, we ground our gear for low noise and good
radiated signals. NEC grounds things for safety and lightning
protection. What constitutes a "good" ground system may differ
according to which viewpoint you adopt.

Yes, got to the library and copy sections 250 and 800 of the National
Electric Code (NEC). It is quite clear and if you have passed element
two you should be able to understand the language.

I'll repeat myself because it bears repeating. All grounds are to be
bonded together with at least #6 wire and mechanical connections (no
soldering).

Russ