Old September 1st 03, 04:44 AM
Peter O. Brackett

Reg:

[snip]
Amen Brother!

--
Peter K1PO
Indialatic By-the-Sea, FL.

==========================

Amen ?

Peter, does "Amen" imply worship of Terman and the ARRL
Handbook has now been heretically switched to a mere
box of electronics ? Heaven help us!
----
Reg, G4FGQ

[snip]

Not if you work it all out from first principles and write the computer
programs yourself!

:-)

Reg, I seldom use "store bought" or "downloaded" computer programs where I
can know neither
the underlying Physics nor the numerical methods in use...

But when I do use "store bought" or "downloaded" computer programs, like
President Regan, I "trust but verify"!

Like you,I write most of my design programs myself, and I have an extensive
lot of such... some of which have been sold commercially by my former
employees. Unlike you, I however use trusty proven Fortran, not that modern
computer scientists abortion Pascal. :-)

Fortran is proven technology not obsolete junk.... and in the newer
releases, Fortran 90/95 has only the "new" stuff that you really need, and
not a lot of "fashionable" computer science features.

--
Peter K1PO
Indialantic By-the-Sea, FL.