Old April 24th 05, 04:32 PM
Larry Rappaport

Default Another question regarding single point grounding

I use a single point grounding system. There is a ground rod driven
at the service entrance to which electrical, telephone, and one of two
satellite systems are connected. I have run #2 copper from that
location to a total of 14 other ground rods each one 5/8" x 8', driven
completely in the earth and spaced at least 10' from each other. My
70' guyed tower is about 80' from this location and connected to the
grounding system. Each guy wire is also grounded. The aluminum plate
where all antennae enter the building on the second floor is connected
to this grounding system with #4 copper (to be replaced this summer
with 4" flat copper ribbon). Inside the building, there is a bus bar
which is connected to the flat aluminum plate where the antennae
enter. All the feedthroughs use gas plug protectors. All coaxial
feedlines are formed into a coil before being connected to the
pass-through plate.

My question: Some radio equipment are also grounded by three prong
plugs. Doesn't that constitute a ground loop? I've never gotten a
satisfactory answer to this question.

Thanks,
--

Larry W1HJF