Old April 24th 05, 03:21 PM

I will study both pdfs and see if I can come up with a couple of
experiments
to see if I understand this.

I am picking up a Pasternak PE2066 DC~6GHz with "N" connectors
from a friend this afternoon.

I have a 1W 7MHz/80Mtr QRP rig that I built to not only be a usefull
CW QRP rig, but it will produce 1W into a 50 Ohm load "for ever".
I have a Boonton "Microwatter" with a 431-4E "head" that is rated
down to 30MHz. I will check it later today to see if it will work down
7MHz, if not I will have to use my Diawa power meter, lowest scale is
5W FS. I have calibrated attenuators so I should be able to reduce
the 1W to 10mw with no trouble. Iwold preffer to move up to so a
frequency higher and further "in" to the ZFSC-2-1 pand pass, but
unless I can fix a ~5W 6mtr CW rig I put away a lifetime ago I will
have to work at 7MHz. Any errors ought to favor the resitive hybrid.

I wonder if my IC-2AT at low power on 146.00MHz will work very well for
a RF test souce, running from a 9V supply, it ought to be able to run
"key down" on low power for a while before overheating.

Terry