Old April 25th 05, 12:32 AM
Conan Ford

David wrote in newsm9o61p8unot7i1t149tsfbfehqt5lk3d8@
4ax.com:

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:37:34 -0500, wrote:

I have two of those Radio Shack Amplified Stereo Listerner devices.A few
weeks ago,I bought my second Radio Shack Amplified Stereo Listerner
device model 33-1097 at the Radio Shack store at Metrocenter Mall
www.metromalljackson.com just across Highway 80 from me.I do not own
any illegal items at all! Whatever I can pick up on my legal to own
radios and my legal to own scanner radios and my legal to own CB radios
and my legal to own Transceiver radio is perfectly legal for me to
listen to.
cuhulin

That's not true. You are not allowed to listen to any conversations
to which you are not a party, regardless of your radios' capabilities.

The only exception is for Public Service communications in the clear
(and broadcasters on their main channel.) It is even illegal to
listen to an STL on an RPU.

Really? What if you are having a CB conversation and the telephone
conversation interferes with your conversation? How about then? Do you
have to discontinue using the CB channel? What if you are a licensed
amateur and the telephone conversation is smack in the middle of a band you
are licensed to operate on?