Old April 25th 05, 03:07 AM
David

On 24 Apr 2005 18:36:25 -0700, "wavetrapper" wrote:

Ron,

You are hearing the broadcasting disaster known as IBOC...brought to
you by Ibiquity. There are about 70 stations now running IBOC. This
creates a digital signal for the "wonderful" HD radio that no one
wants. It wipes out the adjacent channels on both sides.

The FCC is a big fan of IBOC and approved it last year (so we can have
higher quality sounding signals on AM). So far, daytime only (except
for tests). I can't imagine what it will be like when it gets approved
for night use on MW.

You can kiss at least +/- 10 khz goodbye for any station running IBOC.

Let's hope the marketplace votes "no" on this and IBOC dies a swift
death.

Russ

I thought AM IBOC sounded more like a vaccum cleaner.