Old September 1st 03, 10:58 AM
Dr. Slick

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message ...
I challenge anyone to find a reflectometer
calculator that shows rho 1.

First of all, please define precisely what is a
'reflectometer calculator' ?

Is it hardware or is it software?

Hehe, well, this really is an amateur group,
isn't it! Sorry, i keep forgetting.

If you work in the RF field long enough,
you eventually come across these cardboard slide-rules
that will give you SWR versus rho versus mismatch loss.

Every one that i have seen (HP, Roos, etc.) have a
scale for rho that goes from zero to one.

Also, i have never see a negative SWR in my life.

Besser does mention that when you have an active
device, that you can have a rho 1, and actually
a Return GAIN instead of a Return Loss.

Some people here seem to incorrectly think you can
have a return gain with a passive network...

Slick