Old April 26th 05, 12:23 AM
John Smith

Probably true, assuming the person's interest in radio is narrow
enough to fall within the limitations of the CB and/or the freeloader
band.

Hey! You aren't one of those hams which needs a three-day observation, are
ya?

What limitations do the freebanders suffer (other than danger of being
caught and prosecution?)

Or, are you claiming they can't read?

Stay coherent here!!!

Regards,
John

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:48:23 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote in
:

Lancer:

I only wish you were correct. Hams are a tight-knit group which looks
down
on all other radio-users, with the possible exception of gov't.

Get to know some hams in your area, I think you will find a common
"control
freak" nature amongst them. If even another ham suggests possible changes
to their ancient methods they "black ball" him/her.

Most of all their activities center around a "good ole boys rationale."
You
have to meet and participate with them to see just how deep this runs...

Some hams are just as you described, and need to be reminded on
occasion that they are, by definition, amateurs. But some hams don't
have that holier-than-thou attitude and are quite content belonging to
the human race. Lance fits better into the "human" category.

Get your ham license!!! But, play along with them, make it a mission to
study and learn about them... I think you will be back to
freeband/"Chicken
Band", but you will have a greater appreciation of radio on these bands!

Probably true, assuming the person's interest in radio is narrow
enough to fall within the limitations of the CB and/or the freeloader
band.

News==----
Newsgroups
=----