Old April 26th 05, 03:44 AM
John Smith

Err; I have been known to bounce around a bit...

I ain't no musician and don't like 'em much (but like the rock n' roll
music!) And, anyone who taps code and fancies himself a muscian needs a
three-day observation!

I am leery of anything circling this planet (ya never know, may be aliens
whom crawled out of mud puddles!)

I tend to shy away from pseudo-governmental organizations--and the boys who
like to wear the little uniforms, patches, badges and hats and play games...

etc, etc,...

I still like the boy scouts, apple pie, Benjamin Franklin, the miltia--and
wish every town and city had one--complete with radios--etc...

If you think gov't is the answer and it is going to save you--think again...
it will be the same way as when we began this country, there will be a
government which IS the problem... it will be "We the people..." who provide
the cure...

I have something people have forgotten about, faith in my neighbors and
countrymen, and a knowledge of how average men rise to meet great
challenges, undertakings and disasters--again, our nation is a firm lesson
in this--why does everyone keep thinking we are "the great civilization?"
The Romans thought that yanno?

A good lesson is Germany, it was the highly educated who helped Hitler the
most--the doctors, judges, lawyers, etc... carried out his plans... without
them, Hitler was nobody... they thought themselves "special" and
"entitled", thank God they were shown different... it is not my education
which makes me a valuable neighbor--it is my standing on the shoulders of my
forefathers...

If ever we face disaster, it will be more likely for some unheard of wino or
schmuck or just everyday-Joe to rise to meet the occasion than a gov't
entity... but politicians will be there to take the credit, hide the real
heroes, and pick plastic heroes who will support their campaigns... no, it
never changes, it is a vicious circle...

Nothing has changed human nature... only some men have begun to dream in
fantasy colored pictures again, and once again we are in danger...

Regards,
John

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:23:36 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote in
:

Probably true, assuming the person's interest in radio is narrow
enough to fall within the limitations of the CB and/or the freeloader
band.

Hey! You aren't one of those hams which needs a three-day observation,
are
ya?

I don't think so. I would have to get a license first, wouldn't I?

What limitations do the freebanders suffer (other than danger of being
caught and prosecution?)

Ever work EME on the CB/FB? Sat-comm? RACES?

Or, are you claiming they can't read?

Stay coherent here!!!

Speaking of coherent, ever work CCW on the CB/FB?

News==----
Newsgroups
=----