Old September 1st 03, 05:28 PM
Cecil Moore

Roy Lewallen wrote:
Someone, I don't even recall who now, noticed that the formula used for
calculating transmission line reflection coefficient allows a magnitude
greater than one when Z0 is complex. From there, the claim was made that
a reflection coefficient greater than one is impossible for a passive
network, since (they said) it implies the creation of energy.

I suspect the problem probably has something to do with squaring
the absolute magnitude of a complex voltage reflection coefficient.
Maybe only the real part should be squared to obtain the power
reflection coefficient?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp