Old October 29th 03, 12:55 AM
Dale H. Cook

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 07:59:20 -0600, "Mike" wrote:

I put my 3KW AM broadcast transmitter, already converted to 75 meters, on
ebay, if anyone is interested.

This would probably be considered a quibble, but this is not a 3 kW
transmitter - it is a 2.5 kW transmitter, which is why the model
number is AM2500B. After more than 30 years of working with ITA,
Wilkinson, CCA and CSI AM transmitters (the last three brands were
offshoots of the first) I daresay it would be all but impossible to
get a fully modulated 3 kW signal from any of those 2.5 kW boxes. 3 kW
of dead carrier, perhaps, but none of them had a sufficient modulator
section to fully modulate at 3 kW - they could barely modulate a 2.5
kW carrier.

Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, WWWR Roanoke VA, WCQV Moneta VA, WKBA
WZZI Vinton VA, WKPA WLNI WZZU Lynchburg VA, WMNA/WMNA-FM Gretna VA
The Star City Pages - Antique Radios & Test Equipment, Engineering,
Computers: http//members.cox.net/dalehcook/starcity.shtml