Old April 27th 05, 05:28 PM
Brian Kelly

Vince wrote:
Hello:

Now that Spring has arrived I am getting the urge to rebuild and/or
add antennae to my backyard landscape.

I seem to recall an article in QST that showed use of 1/4 inch
diameter PVC tubing as spacers in a fanned dipole array. However,
Home Depot does not have that size available.
Where can 1/4 inch PVC tubing be purchased w/o goiong through
an OnLine source ?
Does anyone remember which issue that article appeared ?

I would think that spacers used with open transmission line would

also
work in my application of a fanned dipole array. So, from where can
spacers be obtained or homebrewed ?

Forget Home Depot, get familiar with the Mother of All Hardware Stores.

Go to: http://www.mcmaster.com/

In the search box in the upper left corner enter "9446K41" and go.

Also check out #87025K27. Although it's heavier and a bit more
expensive I'd use this PVC Type 2 solid rod stock which is an
electrical grade PVC. It's much stiffer and stronger than the tubing
and it comes in straight lengths rather than being wound in a coil. I
wouldn't worry about the "use indoors" comment, the stuff will last for
years out in the WX. Or spray paint the spreaders black.

TNX.

73, de ~ Vince ~
WA2RSX
Stuck on IOTA NA-026