Old April 27th 05, 05:46 PM
Wes Stewart

http://www.somis.org/

|If I understand correctly, the MFJ tuners have double balanced T networks
|and
|not double balanced Ls. The double balanced L has a number of advantages
|over
|the double balanced T, especially if the capacitor can be moved from input
|to output,
|e.g., the new Palstar or the Bliss tuner. This provides a low pass effect as
|well.

The L network can be either low or high pass. It also has the
disadvantage that the loaded Q is set by the transformation and is out
of the control of the designer/user. With a tee or other network with
greater than two reactances, the loaded Q can be set by the design and
can provide lower loss and less critical tuning under some conditions.

|Since on the MFJ, the inductor is the shunting element, this is a high-pass
|network and
|helps to encourage harmonics.

Well, maybe "doesn't suppress" harmonics is a better way to put it.