Old April 28th 05, 04:33 AM
J. Mc Laughlin

Dear Ed (N5EI):
Thanks for the correction. The last time that I went to MFJ's WEB
site, I was no longer able to see the tuner's schematic. I should have
made a better record when I was able to see the schematic. One does not
think of that until the manufacturer removes what should be an important
part of their advertising. I had remembered the configuration as having
only three reactances with two of them being ganged (and a BBC (big bad
choke) at the input)
73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:
"Edward A. Feustel" wrote in message

"J. Mc Laughlin" wrote in message
The tuner described seems to be electrically what MFJ is now selling as
their balanced tuner.

73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:

"RB" wrote in message
. ..
There's a couple of them to be found on this web page:

http://www.somis.org/

If I understand correctly, the MFJ tuners have double balanced T networks
and
not double balanced Ls. The double balanced L has a number of advantages
over
the double balanced T, especially if the capacitor can be moved from input
to output,
e.g., the new Palstar or the Bliss tuner. This provides a low pass effect

as
well.
Since on the MFJ, the inductor is the shunting element, this is a

high-pass
network and
helps to encourage harmonics.

Regards,