Old April 28th 05, 03:25 PM
clvrmnky

On 27/04/2005 9:32 PM, Mike Coslo wrote:
I.Care wrote:

NASA is funding a new type of wire that can transmit power 10 times
better than normal wire.

http://www.wired.com/news/space/0,2697,67350,00.html

hmm. We'd better define better! And with that hard to define effect
"mobility", I wouldn't bet the house on it.

It looks like the major advantage is the light weight.

Of course that may be somewhat negated by the other promise of
carbon - the carbon ribbon that will allow us to build a space elevator!

Will this make a difference in Audio?

The audio geeks will be able to make up stuff for years about this......

Indeed. There's enough snake-oil being sold to audiophiles as it is.

Unless and until stereo mags and listeners actually do proper
double-blind tests, I think we can assume that this wire (if it ever
goes into general production) will be yet another way to liberate
hundreds of dollars a foot from gullible consumers.