Old October 29th 03, 05:53 PM
Mike Knudsen

In article , (Scott Dorsey)
writes:

The problem with the R390 is that the audio quality just stinks. Great for
DXing, not good for casual shortwave listening. The filters ring like mad
and the distortion on the output stage is way too high for my taste. There
are some aftermarket AF decks for these but they don't solve the real
problems.

Might you have meant the "A" when you said the filters ring? SWLs often prefer
the older non-A since its LC IF selectivity doesn't ring like the mechanical
filters in the "A".

There is the Kleronomous audio module mod for the "A" -- I have it and it
sounds great, though as you said it can't cover up the filter ringing, if that
bothers you.

I don't know of any audio mods for the non-A, but you can always feed the Diode
Load output to the firebottle mono amp (Dyna into Big Advents?) of your choice.
73, Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.