Old April 28th 05, 03:45 PM
John S.

"Recent surveys revealed that 97% of regular business travellers
listened to international
shortwave."

As much as I would like to believe a statement like that, it does not
represent what I see as a frequent international business traveller.
I see travellers getting their information about the world from
cable/satellite television, newspapers and via the internet. If the
business of shortwave broadcasting is to enticing then why are so many
broadcasters dropping out and why are so few companies producing the
receivers.

Cleverly worded surveys that ask a question like "Have you heard a
shortwave broadcast in the last 12 months" can be perverted to support
whatever conclusion the survey taker want's to make.