Old April 29th 05, 01:15 AM
Li.Changchun

"Ryan" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:18:24 -0500, "Li-Changchun"
wrote:

Let me know when you buy a second Kaito after the first one has its
scheduled self-lobotomy.

You don't know anything about the inner workings of the radio, you
just don't like Red China making them. Here is a quote from you: "What
I would avoid like the plague are products made exclusively by and
branded by Chinese companies. Degan/Kaito is just one example.
Wal-Mart is full of Chinese company branded & manufactured
electronics. These are the companies that are now trying to set off on
their own in the world marketplace after having scalped western
company manufacturing and marketing knowledge. These new Chinese
branded companies are almost ALL own by the Communist government and
produce profits exclusively for the Communist Party coffers".

I would have respected your opinion on Chiina, but being dishonest
about why you don't like a product is just that, dishonest. You don't
have any reason to think the radio will fail, you just hate China. I
can respect opinion based on fact, not feelings.

The facts about Chinese owned companies are easilly colaborated.

I'm not being dishonest. Compare the two radios yourself and then judge.
The 7600 is better than your Kaito - Period.

Sony produced the 2010 how long ago now? 20 years? The SW77 10+ years?
The SW55 10+ years? The SW100, what, 8 years ago? The SW07, 5 years?
These are all the best portable models ever produced in their class.
Designed many years
ago. There isn't a single SW radio EVER "designed" by a Chinese company
that even comes close to the "total" performance of any of the above "old"
Sony's
in the same price class - Period.

And you want to tell me what about the 7600GR?
ploink