Old April 30th 05, 12:16 AM
Dave

fortran is no problem, i have been doing that off and on since 1974 or so.
the problem with this project will be locating all the source. it was done
by various contractors who may not have submitted everything to our library
way back whenever this was first done. i know that at least part of it was
done with lahey tools so that shouldn't be a problem.

"Roy Lewallen" wrote in message
There's a great deal of Fortran programming being done today -- the
comp.lang.fortran newsgroup is very active. You're sure to be able to
get some help with the Fortran there. Fortran has been standardized for
a long time, and modern compilers handle legacy code, so it shouldn't be
difficult to recompile the Fortran code with a modern compiler (e.g.,
Compaq, Intel, Lahey) either as an EXE or DLL to be run from the GUI of
your choice. That's exactly what EZNEC does with the Fortran-compiled
NEC code.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Dave wrote:

funny story about that... i just got tasked to dig up the fortran code

for a
product my company is just thinking of upgrading to something more

modern.
they just finally ran up against windows xp that refuses to run the old

dos
extender the fortran was linked with... then it was wrapped with a

windows
gui that just ran the old fortran executable in the background. the gui
will probably be more problems to update than the fortran if i can find

the
source... it uses visual c++ 1.52 i think, the last of the 16 bit

windows
compilers from ms.