Old April 30th 05, 02:01 AM
John Smith

Yes, .dll libraries of functions/procedures is one answer to a few
problems...
Most everything I write is a .dll... others do the GUI... I construct a
simple command prompt front end to check and debug the code--then ship it
off to others to do the "brain dead" GUI work...
I don't like visual IDE's (Independent Development Environments)... in fact,
I don't like GUI's!!!
I am still ****ed off everyone went from command prompt to GUI!!! It was a
bad idea when apple innovated it--it was still a bad idea when bill stole it
and copied it!!!

However, mp3 players, dvd players, etc running on computer platforms DO have
advantages...

All my utilities/apps I write run from the command line (well, most.) If I
am forced to construct a GUI, then I go directly to the winapi (you don't
need a visual environment to construct windows and graphics!), calling the
windows functions directly from my code, no third party tools (no click and
create visual tools!)

Visual tools are not needed, windows contains all the code in .dll's
already--to construct windows, msgbox'es, etc... why do I want to let
another programmer translate for me--the winapi itself makes more sense!

But, Roy, Fortran is a dead language--even my beloved Pascal, which I hate
to admit, is a dead language... with the power, speed and freedom of "C++"
all other languages are obsolete (even assembly has fallen--just drop to
inline assembly and write in assembly code) unless they run on minimal
platforms (thin clients)...

I would like to say, "This is just my opinion." However, I will stand
beside this as being fact... frown

Regards,
John