Old July 16th 03, 04:16 AM
Floyd Davidson

(Richard Harrison) wrote:
Floyd Davidson wrote:
"And darned if a few years later a build up of rhime ice on the 43 feet
of tower above the dish didn`t fall down and bend that dish into a pile
of rubble too,"

By Floyd`s logic the lesson must be that a dish must always top the
tower, out of harms way.

Richard, stop being an ass. Nothing that I've said suggested
any such stupidity, yet you frivolous and insulting.

The antenna does not have to receive zero interference, though that
would be nice. We are always susceptible to some interference from
somewhere at some time.

So you finally got my point! It *is* going to have variations,
and those variations are *not* something you will likely
calculate to with the 1 dB you claimed to do _every_ _single_
_time_.

Multiphop systems often must reuse just a few
frequency pairs over and over. It`s all the regulators will allow.
Situations arise when anomalous propagation provides strong signals at
extraordinary distances.

More frivolous commentary that has nothing to do with the topic
of discussion. What is your point?

Planning includes avoiding azimuths which would repeat to present
interference at a great distance along with a repetition of a frequency
which might interfere. A solution to interference is coordination.

Coordination is not optional. You cannot get a station license
without it.

Another is often high performance dishes which do a better job of
rejection. I`ve used the shielded variety from Antennas For
Communications (AFC) with good success.

Ice may be falling, but the sky isn`t in the case of microwave
interference.

The only sky falling is your claims that you calculate path
losses to within 1 dB for *every single* microwave shot. It
just doesn't work that way Richard, and you are either 1) not
doing many path calculations, or 2) are forgetting about the
ones had some anomolous differences causing unexpected results.

Perhaps 98% of all microwave paths work out just about as expected,
but the other 2% are really interesting and sometimes we never do
figure out exactly what is causing the difference between calculated
and actual results. Any path over tidal water comes to mind... :-)

--
Floyd L. Davidson http://web.newsguy.com/floyd_davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)