Old April 30th 05, 05:04 PM
John Smith

I don't think it is that simple, I think every change causes complex
reactions--more than one varible starts moving on the map. For example, a
change which affects a "match", affects a reactance, affects apparent
impedance, etc. Too many times, at least a newbie like me, expects only one
varible to change--when in reality--it is "looking" like EVERYTHING is
moving!!!

And, I do suspect an ant can be "mentally modeled" as a balun--and
sucessfully delt with. I think current models are followed, mainly, because
of tradition--there are other ways to view this. "Impedance" looks a bit
like "time" to me.

But, right now that is just a "theory", but I will be playing around with
that idea...

Regards,
John