Old April 30th 05, 06:56 PM
Honus

"€ Dr. Artaud €" wrote in message
Ryan wrote in
:

Not desiring to pursue your comments with bias, (in other words, I'm not
taking sides), complaints about what?

Oddly enough, while watching the posts on this NG, clearly 40% of them
are not related to shortwave in any clear way. Many of the posts are
initiators concerning Cuhulin, designed to elicit a response, a flame war
if you will.

Hopefully, the link that he posted the other day, a nude man sitting in
front of his web camera, holding a WebTV keyboard across his genitals,
was not, in fact, Cuhulin. Do you know if it purportedly was?

The only real problem that I have with Cuhulin is his name, as I find it
nearly impossible to write it without screwing the word up. Is Cuhulin is
name, or does it stand for something that I don't understand?

This is all I was ever able to find. Since he's always on about his Irish
roots, it makes sense.

http://vassun.vassar.edu/~sttaylor/Cooley/Names.html

"Cuchulain: the usual name of the hero Setanta; son of the god Lug and of
Dechtire, and foster-son of Sualtaim (pronounced Cuhulin)"

It's a name from the Irish age of heroes, or some such.