Old April 30th 05, 08:57 PM
Les

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
uncle arnie wrote:

David Wilkins was interviewed on CBC/RCI show "As it Happens". He

doesn't
know anything about the country he has been appointed ambassador

to.
Nothing. He deflected all questions about Canada, apparently b/c

his
qualification for the job is that he is about as informed as the

appointer.
He knows no geography, no idea of the national anthem, let alone

being
smart enough to turn down an interview until he gets briefed.

Those with
low expectations for an appointee could not have imagined such an

idiot in
their wildest dreams.

Oh, and it is important to you if you're an American. Wilkins

doesn't know
why. Do you?

So the way it works here in the US is that ordinary people run for
office or are appointed in this case to an office in the government

as
opposed to having a ruling elite. I have an imported body builder for

my
governor for instance. Hopefully Wilkins will do well after some on

the
job training.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

One would think that no OJT is required for an high level government
post. I had to validate that my training and job experience was enough
to qualify me for a high level craftsman post with the government.

This is part of the dumbing down process of America and the current
administration.

Les